I can't believe I haven't posted this yet, but I will be participating in Carnaval 2009!
Feburary 21 there is the annual parade in the sandrodomo (yes, women in big feathery costumes and huge flamboyant floats with everyone Sambaing and singing) where all the Samba schools perform their song for the city. All you have to do to participate is learn it and pay for the fantasia (the costume). Sooo, I'll be dancing with Escola de Samba Pérola Negra who's theme is (get this) INDIA! After the novela "Caminho das Índias" -which is my favorite (my comments on that later). The website gives you an idea of what the costumes will look like, but I have no idea which one I will get (I hope its the white one). I'm sure it will be spectacular AND I get to keep it! WHAT A DREAM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Which white one? There are three of them. Fran wants to know! They're all great, though. Samba your ass off!
ReplyDeleteI HOPE its this one:
ReplyDeleteAla 16: Ghandi - Símbolo da Paz
But I'll let you know which one as soon as I find out!